Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lydi LOvE...

It has been great spending more time with my Lydi-bugs this week. She is so much fun. I hate to think she's actually going to grow up! I wish I could keep her just how she is! Here are some of the funny things she's been saying and doing this week...

-She wrapped her arms around me when I was down at her level cleaning and said "you my best friend." HEAVEN!
-She has been wanting to help with a lot of the cleaning and when I try to interfere her famous words are: "no le-my do it!"
-She has been a little lazy with her eating and will look at me and say "feed me."
-She always wants me to rest with her and she'll say "just for minute, palease."
-When she is upset I'll give her a few minutes to get over it and when she's ready she'll say "I not sad, I just happy now."
-She's usually watching a cartoon while I shower and as soon as she hears the water turn off she jumps up and runs in the bathroom to get me a towel and hands it in to me through the shower door. The funny thing about this is the consistency. She will not miss the opportunity. I used to forget to wait for her and she would get so upset...not anymore, now it's just part of the routine.
-She has been wanting to sleep in our bed at night and it makes for a very lousy night's sleep-especially being 32 weeks pregnant! But she always seems to wake up with an issue in the night and knows she'll get in there. The funniest was "there's an alligator in my bed." The first time it was genuine. She had a bad dream. The next three times...not so much. She's now moved on from that to a mouse on her dresser. She is hilarious.

I could go on and on, and this is probably boring you all, but I have to remember these things to get me through those teenage years that might prove to be less enjoyable!

3 comments:

Leslie Jean said...

LOVE her. so funny. we need to hang out more. didn't get bored at all, just wished you'd listed more. feed me and the towel --love that.

well the alligators and mice, too... all of it = hilarious. can't wait to meet #2

Diana said...

None of it is boring. I love hearing stuff like this. especially the feed me part. so funny. One day she'll read this & you two can laugh about all her funny little sayings. Oh gosh, our little ladies are just so fun & so cute. Lucky for you, you will soon have 2 little ladies to love & enjoy.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Enjoy those last prceious moments when it's just the three of you... she sounds so much like Maren..