Thursday, August 12, 2010

while we wait...

We've been trying to stay busy waiting for our newest addition, and we've been having fun (for the most part) doing it...

-We took a little camping trip with the Gouldings and Darren and Caitlin. It was really nice to get away! We didn't have much luck fishing, but we were in excellent company and had lots of fun!
-We are in nesting mode to the tenth degree (make that one of us!) I may or may not have started a little re-model which was sparked by a dishwasher leak...what's a girl to do?!?!
-Lydi got a new bedroom and has been a very big girl sleeping all night in her big girl bed.
-Last but not least, Gary, in an attempt to get some of the hunting fever out of his system, took a trip to Northern Nevada and successfully slayed an antelope archery style. Apparently it's a pretty big deal and may even make it's way into a magazine or two. The boy has some mean bow and arrow skills :)

PICTURES...


-The Kill

-The worst part...days in 90 degree temps trying to dry out our floors (re-model pics to come...)

-Cute Sundie and the cute campers

-The summer blonde...Love it!

-Loving her new bed..yes that's a bottle, yes she's almost three, yes this is my attempt to help the rest of you you feel better about yourselves and your parenting skills :)

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad you're still waiting so we got this post. So many things to say.

First - since WHEN did Lydia get SO old and SO blonde? And, I dare say she looks even MORE like you than before. And I didn't think that was possible. The cutest little mini-me. Oh my gosh.

Second - I wish I was knowledgeable enough about hunting to give Gary the credit he obviously deserves for his latest kill (don't even know how to talk about it). Saying "that's awesome" sure doesn't mean much coming from an Ignorant like myself. But, for what it's worth: that's awesome.

Third - just love you. And Sund. And the pictures.

Fourth - how sick are you of being pregnant? So sorry. Miss you and am glad you're having a baby soon so I will get my sorry act together and come see you.

xoxo

Sarah and Trent said...

LOVE that bed! Just saw it at Target and thought it was so cute. A lot like the Pottery Barn stuff!
What a big girl~ she's darling. Good luck in the next few days! Can't wait to see some pictures of the little one.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Sounds like a fun summer so far! Good luck with the baby, can't wait to see pictures!

Leslie Jean said...

cute pictures! I suppose you now have had your baby! CONGRATS!! I hope to talk to you eventually-- but I'm also trying to remind everybody-- don't forget about Lion King Sept 2nd and let me know if you don't know where tickets are, we can figure out getting new ones.... hope you're feeling up to going in a week and a half! :) (or maybe someone lucked out in going for you if you're not going?!...)

love you anz-- can't wait to catch up more and see pictures of your sweet baby...