Tuesday, July 22, 2008

love you dad


We love you dad! You faught a good fight, it's not going to be the same without you! See you when we get there!

Colin Ralph Taylor 1952 ~ 2008 Our beloved husband, father, brother, son and "Pa" passed away July 20, 2008 in Murray, Utah.He was born May 5, 1952 in Clovis, New Mexico to O. Ross and Barbara H. Taylor. He married his high school sweetheart, Janet Markham, on September 9, 1972. Colin graduated from Granite High School in 1971 and began his career at Beehive Poultry where he had worked for his father from a young age. He had a long successful career in the meat and poultry business. He also enjoyed operating Blue Sage, a family hayride and barbeque business in Wanship, Utah. Colin was an avid outdoorsman and enjoyed competitive horse pulling, but his true love was his family. He was a dedicated husband and father who lived an exemplary life full of compassion and love for all. His legacy is evident in the lives of his children and grandchildren. He is survived by his parents; Ross and Barbara Taylor; wife, Janet; children, Amy (Ben) Johnson, Ryan (Jesica) Taylor, and Annie (Gary) Cannon; three sisters, Debbie Wilcox, Shelley (Scott) Woolstenhulme and Kris (Wayne) Witzel, seven grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. The family wishes to thank the many medical professionals that worked so diligently serving him. Funeral Services will be held Fri., July 25, 2008 at 12 Noon at the Murray 15th Ward, 5555 S. 700 W. Friends and family may call Thurs., July 24, 2008 from 5-7 p.m. at Jenkins-Soffe South Valley 1007 West South Jordan Parkway (10600 S.) and one hour prior to services on Friday at the church. Interment at Murray City Cemetery. Condolences may be shared online at www.Jenkins-Soffe.com
Published in the Salt Lake Tribune from 7/22/2008 - 7/23/2008
Guest Book • Funeral home info • Flowers • Charities

-

12 comments:

MaddyChick said...

Annie- I am very sorry to hear about your dad. I have a lot of memories of him around Wanship. I hope you know all our thoughts and prayers are with you right now. May you find peace and comfort.
With Love- Madalyn

Carlye Momma said...

Oh Annie! We are so sad for all of you...but so relieved for your father. What an incredibly hard time this is for you! Your father was an INCREDIBLE man in every aspect of the word and we will sorely miss him! Please know that we are here for you for WHATEVER you may need! Our prayers are with you my love.

Our deepest sympathies,

The Webbs

Diana & CJ said...

Annie, all I can think to write is sorry. I knew your dad was sick but I didn't know he passed. I'm sure he was an awesome man. He had to be to raise a great daughter like you. I'm sure you made him very proud. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. If you ever need to vent or just want to get out maybe we can do a girls day out & get some lunch & go shopping. Take care, Di~

Annie said...

Oh, Annie. I had no idea. I ache for you and your Mom and your whole family and wish I knew what to say to adequately express my love, concern and sympathy. May you be blessed and buoyed up as you face these tough days to come. I love you and will be praying fervently for you and yours.

Sarah and Trent said...

Annie, I am thinking of you! I still remember how it brought tears to all our eyes when your dad walked you down the aisle. I'm so happy he got to meet Lydia! I loved how you put it, "See you when we get there"--I know you'll all be together again.

April said...

Annie- I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He was such a great man- I also have lots of memories of him from growing up. What a loss. I know this is such a hard time for your family. I am thinking of you and praying for you all.

Ben and Natalie said...

Annie- I am so sorry for your loss. I remember when we were younger and we would all hang out (the Gardners, April, Chris, and any other neighborhood kids). Your dad was always so nice to us. I honestly can't remember him ever being anything but nice. I know it must be hard for you right now, but it must be so nice for him to not be in any pain. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. You will be in our prayers!!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. He looks like such a neat man. I hope you are able to be comforted and feel the spirit with you right now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. He was a great man who left a legacy that is so amazing. His beautiful family, his darling grandchildren, nieces, nephews and siblings. He has shown all of us really what life is all about. It was so nice to hear some of the wonderful memories you have of this great man. He was so full of life and so determined with everything he did. We will miss him. Annie, we love you and want to be there for you. Anything you need, please just ask. Our prayers are with you.

jessi said...

We are so sorry for your loss. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers during this time. Our deepest condolences, Jessi and Jacob Berg

Abbie&Trevor said...

I am so sorry to hear about you dad. He seemed like such an amazing man. I know that when you go through such a hard loss words can't seem to be enough but knowing that you have love and support is the best. I hope that you find comfort in your time of need. We love you guys and are so grateful to have you in our lives. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. We will keep you in our prayers.

JENKIES said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.