Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday Call...




Hi Dad, Happy Birthday! This is the part where I would normally say I hope you're feeling OK, we'll see you later. But since I can't really say those things to you now, I'll say this...I love you and miss you every day! I think of you often and I tell Lydia stories and wish that you were around so she could climb on you and have a snuggle and so she could look forward to coming over to visit you! I love going through old pictures and seeing you when life was a little easier for you. I love remembering what a fantastic dad you were and knowing that because you were- I was able to know what to look for in a fantastic husband who loves his family more than anything else. I love that I know when I lose my temper it's a little piece of you that was handed down to me and it's OK. I wish so bad that you were here today to celebrate your birthday! We all miss you and Love you so much. This is one of my favorite pictures of us. I know how much this day meant to you and I'm so honored to when I think of the courage it must have taken for you to walk that day! Until we walk together again, I love you, I miss you, and happy birthday! PS: I know you're OK and we will see you later!

5 comments:

Dede said...

What a sweet tribute Annie. That was a special moment for everyone at your wedding to see your dad walk you down the isle. He sounds like a very special man.

Annie said...

Crying with you today. Love that sweet tribute to your sweet Dad and I love that picture of the two of you. Not only are you the single most beautiful bride, but the picture definitely tells a story and shows what a sweet relationship you and your Dad shared.

Thinking of you and your aching heart today.

xoxoxo

Diana said...

I tearded up reading this. I can't wait till you can walk with him again too. Actually I do want to wait but you know what I mean.

Carlye Momma said...

Bawling like a little baby over here! I MISS YOUR DADDY!!! It'll be quite a treat to have him running to you won't it??? Ahhhh...what a lovely moment to look forward to! I'm sure he's up there just giving the other saints around him a hard time. LOVE YOU ANNIE!!!

MaddyChick said...

Annie I love this picture. I can't imagine what a keepsake it is to you! I'm sure your dad was with you on his birthday!