Saturday, August 8, 2009

Momma's Girl

It's time for me to get a new camera. I have one REALLY old one and one REALLY big one. I need a nice little point and shoot that I can keep with me. Anyway, here's a rambling of a few things that have been happening around our place lately...(this sure would be a lot more fun with pictures...)
We took a "fun" two day trip to Mesquite last weekend. the time spent with the Cannons was great, but the car-ride was not what I would call fun! Lydi hates her car seat right now! Monday, following our little jaunt south, I took Lydia to Lagoon with my mom, aunt and sister and the kids. We had a blast. Lagoon is an annual adventure for me. I don't think I could handle more than that, but once a year is great. Since it was a Monday there were no lines so we got to do lots of rides. Lydi was a trooper. Her favorites were the boat ride and the water park!
While we're mentioning Lydia...she is talking up a storm and repeating nearly everything we say. Gary's favorite is "Holla." I have to remind him to watch the vocab if he wants Lydia to have any friends. She has really been a mommy's girl lately and I Love it! She is so much fun to snuggle with. Gary usually drops her in bed with me about 7:30 (I know, I'm lazy) and she and I have a few minutes of snuggle time. My favorite thing is when she whispers "bobba, mommy bobba." She knows it's a no-no before breakfast but she loves to try me...sometimes I give in :)
She is loving books! I'm so happy about this. I love the chance to rock her and read to her. It reminds me of when I was little and my mom read book after book to me in our old rocking chair. There are few things more comforting than a book, a mom, and a rocking chair.

As you can see, life has been mostly about Lydia these days and we're loving every minute of her. She will be two in just a few weeks, can you believe it!

The picture below was taken a few weeks ago at a little get together at our home. I think these are some cute little ones (the mommies are pretty cute too) I guess those SUU boys did OK!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Aww, that was a fun night. Thanks Annie for putting it together, letting us share your pool & all your delicious food. I can't wait till Gary & you can visit. Hopefully it will be sometime not too far.