Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pregnancy Update...

I'm in my twelfth week of pregnancy now. Almost out of the first trimester. When I saw the Doc two weeks ago (almost) he said the baby was measuring exactly 10 weeks. So everythignis on track. The appointment went well. Thanks, Les, for the referral. I think it's a good match! AND, I didn't even pass out when they took blood samples (almost, but I remained conscious. That's what counts!) I thought I was turning a corner with the nausea until yesterday! About 3 in the morning I woke up not feeling good and continued to feel crummy all day. By 8pm we were doing our weekly grocery shopping and I was struggling through it pretty bad. I made it to the car OK, but didn't make it home without having Gary pull over so I could, well you know the rest. YUCK! I'm glad it was dark. Other than that things are good. I was lucky with Lydi..I was one of those people who felt better pregnant than not. This time, I can;t say the same. But I can definitely handle this and I know it's nothing compared to what some expectant moms endure.

A quick update on other aspects of our lives:

-Lydia is as cute as ever! we just can't get enough of her. She's talking and rambling so much. She lets me put her hair in sponge curlers at night and she looks ADORABLE with all those funky curls!

-Gary is adjusting to being home with her more and more as work for me has been busy! I figure I have to fit a year's worth of work in before August since I plan to take it easy after that!
-In an effort for getting me to work less, Gary is just wrapping up getting his contractor license. He is SO talented with not only designing, but building too! It's definitely his thing and his clients are always asking him for a good contractor to do their additions , remodels or build jobs. So he has decided to expand to High Desert Design Build! I think he'll be great!
-I still hate the cold (more and more as I get older). We are looking forward to a trip to Mexico in a couple of weeks.

10 comments:

Annie said...

So sorry that you're feeling so yucky. That's miserable. Hope you turn a corner soon . . .

I'm excited about Gary's new plans. Good luck with the continued balance of it all.

Love and miss you!

xoxo

p.s. love little Lydi's curls. What a doll!

Dede said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you get feeling better too. That is just not ever fun.

Lydia is SO cute. Is she excited to be a big sister?

We need to find a time to get together. I've been saying that for way too long.

April said...

That is terrible you are sick. I can totally relate I was sick the entire pregnancy with Taryn. I sucked on little bits of fruit roll ups constantly- it was the only thing that helped. I hope it gets better soon for you! Good luck with everything...lets get together soon!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! So very exciting!

jessi said...

Thanks for the update! That sounds like one really miserable first trimester. Don't know, but could be more like a first half of pregnancy sickness with how sick you still are - but I hope not!!! That is so great that such a little girl is letting you do sponge curlers in her hair at night. I just adore having two children to love each other and play with each other. So excited for you!!!

Diana said...

I've been waiting for this thanks. Sorry you're so sick but happy everything is good. I can't believe Lydia lets you put sponge rollers in her hair. Those curls look so stinkin' cute on her little face.

Megan said...

Congratulations! Having two is so much fun. Get the rest in now! Hope you feel better soon.

Abbie&Trevor said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. Did you post earlier about it and I missed it? I am so excited for you and Gary. We really need to all get together it has been way too long.

Beckstrom Bunch said...

Congratulations Annie! That is so exciting for you and your family : )

Brenna LaPray said...

Congratulations! I hope you feel better soon. Lydia is such a beautiful little girl!