Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Fun...

Is that an oxymoron? It was beginning to feel like one until we got a call from the fam that there was a hooky bobbin' party taking place Saturday! Here are some cute pics of Lydi (courtesy of Jesi) having a blast being pulled on the tube. Amy and I held our own knee boarding as well, but nothing surpassed Jesi's face plant in the snow -those darn shoe laces get ya every time!






In other news, we made it through another holiday season. It was so much fun to see Lydia light up at the sight of her toys from Santa. Grandma went a little over board as well. There was great food and lots of fun to be had. Once again Gary proved to be very difficult to buy for- especially with his birthday being the 23rd. He didn't love his birthday dinner and I ruined his cake, but hey I'M PREGNANT(yeah, you read that right) -my cooking skills have been put on the back burner for at least another few weeks until the nausea lightens up.

We had fun New Years Eve with the Mowers who are always so kind to invite us to their party! It's the one time year I get Gary to play games! We had a bast.

Amidst it all we've been thinking of and praying for the Johnson Family. We attended the funeral for Mark on Saturday the 26th. It was a beautiful service and Ben gave a great talk. This has been such difficult few weeks for Ben and all of the Johnsons. Please keep them in your prayers! markandcolettejohnson.blogspot.com.

Now here I am at work (blogging)! But it's definitely back to reality today with one more holiday behind us an hopefully many more to come!

6 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations to you and Gary!! (and what a sly little way to sneak in the announcement!) hope you're feeling better soon. What sad news for the Johnsons. Life is so hard.

Diana said...

I'm sorry about your friend's loss. But on the brighter side I am so happy & excited to hear your great news! Thanks for sharing, I love good news such as this. You left out all of the details, like when you are due, how far along you are. Man, sorry your sick this time. That's no fun. Been there, hated it. Hope yours will pass soon.

Sarah and Trent said...

Yahoooo CONGRATS Annie! You're a darling momma and I can imagine you're going to be one happenin' lady with two. Come visit in Vegas if you need to get warm. :)

April said...

Congratulations! I have been thinking of the Johnson family all week long- Jamie told me about what had happened. I'm so sorry. We should get together soon and catch up.

Anonymous said...

It was fun to see you the other day! Lydia was so cute and hooky bobbin was a blast! We need to do stuff like that more often. I told Gary I thought he was a party pooper!

Becca said...

Well sneaky! Congrats on the pregnancy and sorry you've got the sickness. When are you due-like Di said, I want to know all the Details! So sorry to hear about the loss in the fam. The blog didn't work but i'm assuming it's a family member? Let us know if you need anything!

ps. we need to get together!