Thursday, November 8, 2007

GOOD FOOD - GOOD FRIENDS

As many of you know, I really like to cook and to learn and share new recipes. I figured I might as well use this blog to share some of my favorite recipes with my friends and family. Some of them will be healthy and others will taste really good. Every once in a while there will be one that accomplishes both of these things--those are the real winners. This particular recipe falls only under the "tastes good" category, but it is REALLY good! Perfect for a Saturday or Sunday morning. Enjoy...


PS: Thank my sister Amy. It is actually her recipe.

Victorian French Toast

1 loaf french bread
1 stick butter
1 C brown sugar
3/4 C Karo Syrup (light)
10 Eggs
2 C Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla

Melt butter, brown sugar, Karo syrup in a 9X13 glass baking dish @ 250. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
Slice french bread and set aside
Beat eggs, Milk, and vanilla
When butter mixture is melted, place bread on top of mixture
Pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with Cinnamon
Cover with foil and refrigerate over night
Bake 1 hour @ 350. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve

3 comments:

Annie said...

Yay! I hope you include lots of recipes on your blog! I love getting new recipes. Can't wait to try this one out!

Ben and Natalie said...

Hooray for new recipes. Keep 'em coming!

Dede said...

Ummm...Annie. That sounds SO good. French Toast is my weakness, I love it.