Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FAKE OR REAL?

This is the big question we ask ourselves each year as Christmas approaches and we start thinking about a Christmas tree. Thus far the answer has been real. Which means me stringing, oh about a thousand lights on the tree and taking them all off again after Christmas. Not to mention disposing of the dead needles. None the less, We decided real again this year and took a little drive to Orem to get one tonight. We found a tree lot that looked like they might have one we wanted! I stayed in the truck because we decided it was too cold for Lydia. I gave Gary instructions of which kind to pick (I like the sparse tall trees (at least 10'))Gary came back and said he found one and OF COURSE my first question was "how much?" His response OF COURSE-- "Didn't ask." I said "you better go ask." He came back and said $140. I said get in the truck! I think we've concluded that we will go cut one down, which is a tradition that many of our neighbors enjoy. This will be intersrting and depending on how it goes--we may be going fake next year!

5 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

I love real trees but $140??? That is crazy and good for you to say get in the truck. ha ha I just love the smell and it isn't the same for us if it is not real. This year we are not getting one since we will be coming back to Utah from the 21st until the 29th. It didn't make much sense to buy one for only a couple of weeks. Good luck and let us know how the cutting down experience went. :)

Annie said...

Call me boring - but I'm a total fake tree person. I just can't handle the mess of a real tree. And, I didn't grow up with real trees so I don't have a lot of sentiment tied to them. I just burn a pine smelling candle. :) Good luck with your tree hunt - you'll have to post a picture when you find it.

Turia said...

Real Trees are the best. We cut down our own tree every year and have a blast!!! Plus.. it's only $10!!
This year we found a 16 footer. It looks awesome.. a little hard to decorate and we had to cut off a couple feet, but totally worth it!
Good luck tree hunting. It usually takes quite a bit of hiking/hunting, so you might want to get a babysitter. (Just a heads up)

Diana & CJ said...

I'm way to lazy for a real tree, sounds like alot of work. But for those of us who are not lazy I guess going real is the best way to go. I love your story, so funny-sounds like something CJ & I would do.

Anonymous said...

I bet your tree is beautiful! I have always been nervous with real trees, please remember all of the real tree safety tips. Have you got it a decorated? You should put a picture on your blog. I am anxious to see this $140 tree.