Monday, October 8, 2007

"...babies are a great way to start people"

The most noteworthy and exciting news in ours lives as of late (or ever) is the birth of our beautiful baby girl, Lydia Anne! She was born (against her will) on August 31! I was exactly a week past the estimated due date of August 25. But it felt like three weeks late since I was wishfully thinking the entire pregnancy that she would come a good 2 weeks early! Boy was I wrong. I think she would have held out another week or so had we let her! Thank goodness we didn't! She weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21 inches long! She has been such a joy and has already taught me so much! I never thought I would find anything worth waking up at all hours for--but she is worth every sleepless moment.
Gary and I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of all of our family, friends, and neighbors...MANY THANKS! We couldn't do it without you!

7 comments:

Jesi said...

I love the pictures of Lydia!!

Jesi

johnsonfamily said...

Your blog looks great. Lydia is such a doll.

Sarah and Trent said...

Annie and Gary,
She is beautiful beautiful beauuuuuutiful!! I'm so happy for you guys. I have to tell you, we babysat a little 4-month-old overnight one time, and I was so happy to wake up to feed him! Those are special moments in the night~ I was in awe of him. It must be x1000 when it's your own baby!!

Susan said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love her hair. What color are her eyes?
I am so glad you are doing a blog no so I know whats going on in your busy life.

Diana & CJ said...

Awww, already she looks so different & bit more grown up. What a cutie. I'm very glad to see her hair is still in full force & hasn't fallen out like some babies. Gary & you did good.

Dede said...

Annie!!! She is so sweet. I'm SO happy for you.

Turia said...

Annie,
It's been forever since I've talked to you! Congratulations on your little girl. She is beautiful!! I saw your blog on Ryan and Jesse's site and just had to say hi.
Talk to you later,
Turia