Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Some Traditions Never Die








This Halloween night was spent doing the same thing I have done since I can remember! We've had a long standing tradition of having all of our family over for dinner and trick-or-treating at my parents house (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.). This year was no different. We have a wonderful meal of sloppy joes, carrots & celery, chips and desserts (always the same menu!) Then we go out and trick-or-treat through the neighborhood --yes the adults. No we don't ask for candy anymore but we all go out with the kids (the great grandmas stay behind to give out candy). This is such a fun tradition for our family. It does leave us feeling a little guilty about not being home to hand out candy. You can see the photo--I was able to solve that little problem this year. Hope you enjoy these pictures of our fun time! PS: Did you know you could make sloppy joes without manwich--my mom left the task to me and gave me the recipe: hamburger, tomato paste, water, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic--way better than manwich!


4 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

Annie-
Ok it has been sooooo long since I have seen or talked to you. I was checking out April's blog and noticed she had a new friend. (I am a total blog stocker by the way) I thought that I would drop you a little note to say hello and your family is just adorable.
-Natalie (Jacobs) Summerhays

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting, Lydia's first Halloween. She is precious. You did better than we did, at least you left candy at your front door for the trick or treaters, we just stiff them.
We are going to try and come Sunday, I have a meeting I am still trying to get out of.
Kristy

April said...

She is so adorable! I remember your Halloween traditions from when we were kids- the food was always good at your house!

Diana & CJ said...

We also left a bucket of candy out for our trick-or-treaters too. Great minds think alike. I'm glad to see you dressed Lydia up for the occassion. So many moms don't when they're that young but I say why not.