Monday, August 4, 2008

Time to make time!

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I need to re-arrange my priorities. (I think this is my dad telling me this). My dad was amazing at keeping track of his friends--especially as he became too sick to work and do other things. One thing he could do was talk on the phone- so he made a great effort to call his friends often. I'm so glad for his example. When I spoke at his funeral, I was amazed as I looked out and saw a packed chapel and overflow! I think there were 350+ people in the room! What a tribute to a wondeful person! I think it's time I apply some of the lessons I learned from him in my own life...

1. Be a better friend
2. Be a better spouse
3. Make time to have fun
4. Take care of yourself

My dad always worked SOOO hard, but I don't think he did it knowing that he would be in a wheelchair at age 49! He always said he would have done things a little differently if he had it to do over again.

So I'm going to change things up a little...wish me luck! Old habits die hard!

3 comments:

Abbie&Trevor said...

Annie you are such a great person... I have been thinking a lot along those same lines these days and have wondered what's really important in this hectic life. Thanks for the little boost to do better.

Diana & CJ said...

Dido what Abbie wrote. Especially the "you're a great person" part.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing already. You do such a good job at everything you do. But most importantly you are a great friend to me, Ted, Jesi and everyone else. You are a great example to all of us.