Sunday, February 24, 2008

Great Weekend!

This weekend was definitely one worth writing about...a few of the highlights:

-Dropped in on Mom and Dad on Friday night, ordered take-out and enjoyed each other's company. They are always so happy to see our little princess and she loves to see them too! She pulled out all the stops and showed them how she could roll over!
-Took a drive Saturday morning to see the Elk who have taken up residency in a field a few blocks east of our home. They are amazing!
-Had lunch at a restaurant in Midway that we hadn't tried yet. We both liked it a lot.
-Ran off that lunch OUTSIDE! It was so great to get out and enjoy the fresh air. I was enjoying it so much, I ran about 4 miles--which is a lot considering the shape I'm in (or out of) right now!
-Made 145 cookies for our primary! We were in charge of sharing-time this week and we have a HUGE primary. We had a lot of fun preparing the lesson and presenting it with our class.
-Enjoyed a nice nap for about an hour!
-Had one of our favorite meals: Salmon and Lomein noodles-and sat down to watch The Oscars!
-Enjoyed lots of play time with Lydia!


6 comments:

Ben and Natalie said...

Love your new blog template. It sounds like you had such a fun weekend. Those pictures are also beautiful..... If you are out of shape and ran for 4-5 miles then I don't know what you call me. I went running yesterday and only lasted about a mile and had to do the bike. I guess I need get into the out of shape point.... :)

Jen said...

I love the new page! All my colors. Lydia looks so different from just the last time we visited. She is SO cute, I love her.I will plan a visit soon. Just in case you were wondering I still have strong feelings AGAINST running. However, I am proud of you for your dedication.

Diana & CJ said...

I too love the new page. So cute. Most of all I love the picture of Lydia on Gary's belly-- so adorable. I would frame that one if I were you. What a good weekend, even the running part you made seem not that bad.

ATWOOD said...

Hey I like the new look(of the blog, that is). Lydia is changing so much-can you believe 6 months has gone by already.

You deserve a pat on the back for all that running! I could never make it 4 miles...maybe if I walked half of them ;-)

Becca said...

Again--Nice work on the new page! Did you do that "scan in your own paper" thing too?
Ditto on what Di said about that Pic of Lydia! She's is getting so big and SO adorable!
Oh, I bet you loved that run outside...I miss that, I haven't braved it for awhile. Glad to hear things are good with Lydi Bugs!

Dede said...

I love those weekends! Lydia is a doll!